Gas Quality Monitoring
Real-time monitoring of gas quality
Gas density is directly affected by its composition. It can be used to estimate the calorific value for burner optimization and correct the flow measurement of gas through differential pressure flow meters.
Typical applications of NORTHDOME for Gas Quality Monitoring :
Gas flow measurements
Natural gas quality control
Fuel gas combustion control (furnaces, heaters…)
Gas turbine control
Flare gas analysis / monitoring
SF6 concentration (high-voltage switchgear)
NORTHDOME, the unique sensor to measure the density and temperature of a gas in real time, enables you to monitor the gas quality. Either implemented into process lines or used as a instrument in an analyzer for quality control, the NORTHDOME has proven high metrological performances together with an unrivalled endurance to process conditions. By adding a SPHERE pressure sensor, it is possible to calculate the density under reference conditions, and the molecular weight.
GAS FLOW MEASUREMENTS
Converting a gas wet test volumetric meter to mass meter
Problem: Do you have to make a mass balance around a pilot plant but only have volumetric flow information? Do you have to grab samples of gas and send it to a lab for analysis and wait days for the results? Do you have to use an expensive on-line gas chromatograph or mass spectrometer to arrive at the density/composition of the pilot plant off gas?
Solution: By applying an in-line gas density measurement along with a wet test low volume flow meter, you have a real-time indication of the mass flow rate and total flow of off-gas from the pilot plant. The NORTHDOME the gas density meter, provides this key information to the pilot plant operator for better control and evaluation of these critical process.
- Ability to measure gas density and temperature
- Calculation of gas specific gravity, composition and molar mass with addition of SPHERE pressure sensor
- Analog and digital data communication to the pilot plant control system
- Hazardous area installation classification
- Low pressure drop design for easy integration to a wet test meter
- Quality. The off-gas density value is an indication of the operation of the pilot plant.
- Safety. Online measurement makes tedious and time-consuming manual measurements a thing of the past. You see the current state of your pilot plant process with a mouse click.
- Cost saving. The online measurement enables you collect data in a timely manner. The result? An increase in operating efficiency of the pilot plant process with shorter and more experiments.